BBTV’s #WhatIWishIKnew Back to School Contest
#WhatIWishIKnew Back to School Contest
1. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by BroadbandTV Corp. (the “Sponsor”), having an address at 1205 Melville Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E 0A6.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest, an entrant who meets the eligibility requirements herein (each an “Entrant” or “You”) must post a video on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube (the “Platforms”) and the video must give candid advice for back to school, or what I wish I knew. Each Entry Video must meet the following requirements:
- have a running time between 60 and 120 seconds;
- include “#WhatIWishIKnew” in the title of the video; and
- include the following link: bbtv.com/backtoschool.
The Entry Video can take any form (e.g. live-action, animation, stop-motion, etc.). Entrants can submit multiple Entries. The Sponsor, or its designees, shall determine in their sole discretion whether an Entrant has entered the Contest successfully. The Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects and are not subject to appeal. Entries are good only for the applicable Entrant (i.e. the person who successfully entered the Contest by completing the actions described above). Any attempt to transfer, purchase, sell, or exchange an Entry is void and without effect. Entries have no cash value and will expire at the end of the Contest.
3. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: You can also enter the Contest by mail by sending in a 3” x 5” postcard including Your name, mailing address, email address and age and DVD or memory stick containing Your Entry Video(s). Send the postcard and the Entry Video(s) to the following address:
BBTV’s “#WhatIWishIKnew” Contest
c/o BroadbandTV Corp.
1205 Melville Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 0A6
4. DURATION OF CONTEST: The Sponsor shall accept Entries starting at 12:00 a.m. PST on September 20, 2016, and will cease accepting Entries after 11:59 p.m. PST on September 30, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). All times and dates are determined using Pacific Time Zone (PT). The winner of this Contest (the “Prize Winner”) will be announced as follows (for more details, see Section 7 “How to Win”):
- Winner will be announced on October 7, 2016:
- Winner will be announced after October 7, 2016 on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFyBWWUjjIyhAuTTF3Du_SA,
(collectively, the “Sponsor Pages”)
5. ELIGIBILITY: You may only enter the Contest if You are currently a content provider who has a YouTube channel signed under the Sponsor’s network, and furthermore, only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia (excluding Rhode Island and Maine), and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter. Minors must get their parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter and any prize won by a minor in any state or province where the age of majority is not 18 will be awarded to such minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return any required documentation. Employees of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its contest agencies, as well as the immediate family and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Anyone in the Sponsor’s sole discretion that is found to: (a) be using multiple accounts to participate in the Contest, or (b) is participating in an attempt to hijack the Contest (e.g. participating in collaboration with other Entrants), will be ineligible, and his/her Entry or Entries in the Contest will be judged void. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any of the Platforms. Entrants are providing information to the Sponsor and not to any of the Platforms.
6. PRIZE: The Prize Winner shall receive a prize consisting of one (1) of the following (a) one (1) Canon EOS Rebel SL1 DSLR Camera, (b) one (1) Prismatic 18″ Halo Ring Light, OR (c) one (1) Audio-Technica USB Microphone (the “Prizes”).
- Canon EOS Rebel SL1 DSLR Camera valued at $629.99 CAD;
- Prismatic 18″ Halo Ring Light valued at $229.00 CAD; or
- Audio-Technica USB Microphone valued at $139.99 CAD.
There will be no substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of the Prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Prize is subject to availability and the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value if the Prize, or any element thereof, is unavailable. If the Prize Winner cannot travel on dates specified by the Sponsor, the Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner selected.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRIZE WINNER. The Prize Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility before he/she can receive the Prize. If the Prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification, it will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Prize Winner. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Winning the Contest is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Rules. If the Prize Winner is a resident of Canada, he/she must answer unaided an arithmetic skill-testing question as a condition to receiving the Prize.
7. HOW TO WIN: Three (3) members of the Sponsor’s marketing team will review and judge all the Entries based on the following point system: five (5) points for creativity, five (5) points for enthusiasm, and five (5) points for concept and execution. Based on these criteria, the Sponsor shall select the highest scoring Entrant as the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner will be announced on October 7, 2016 on the Sponsor Pages. The Sponsor will also message the Prize Winner through “direct message” on one of the applicable Platforms.
10. LICENSE: By submitting an Entry Video in this Content, You grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies for a period of three (3) years from the end of the Contest Period, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable worldwide (except where prohibited by law) right and license (but not the obligation) in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, to use, modify and create derivative works based on Your Entry Video, Your name, likeness, picture, image, identity, address (city and state), email address, voice, biographical information, signature, social media handles and written oral statements (collectively, an “Entrant’s Image” or “Your Image”), for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing the Contest, the Sponsor and its goods and services, without compensation to You. In addition, You agree to waive, and to the extent permitted by law, You hereby waive, all moral rights You may have in or to Your Entry Video and Your Image. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, rights of integrity or attribution, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of Your Entry Video or Your Image. The rights and license granted under this paragraph shall extend to Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, and its domestic and foreign affiliated companies and agents for all Entrants in the Contest, including Entrants who are selected the Prize Winner and those Entrants who are not selected. The Sponsor shall not have no obligation to use these publicity rights of the Prize Winner for any purpose.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: As an Entrant, You represent and warrant that You have all the necessary rights and permissions, without the need for payment to any other person or entity, to use and exploit, and to authorize BBTV to use and exploit Your Entry Video and Your Image in all manner contemplated by these Rules. The Sponsor disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for or in connection to the Entry Videos, and notwithstanding any other provision of these Rules, You agree to release the Sponsor from any liability resulting from, or related to, Your Entry Videos and Your Image.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, irregular, or misdirected “tweets”, “likes”, “follows”, or other types of social media engagements on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube of any other social media platform, email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions or human errors that may occur. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, or more prizes are awarded than planned, including, without limitation, due to a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, the Sponsor may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Entrants further agree to release the Sponsor from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest or the awarding or use of any prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or withdraw the Contest at any time. By entering the Contest, the Prize Winner releases the Sponsor and each of the Platforms, and their respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties“), from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or the delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
12. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of an Entrant and/or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and by its courts, without regard to its conflict of law principles. To the fullest extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees that: (a) any such action shall be brought by such Entrant individually (not as part of a class action); (b) the courts sitting in the Province of British Columbia may exercise personal jurisdiction over such Entrant; and (c) his/her recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in the Contest (if any) with all right to other recovery (including damages of any kind and attorneys’ fees) being expressly waived. If any provision of these Rules shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the parties’ fundamental intentions hereunder, and the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired, provided however, that in such cases the parties oblige themselves to use their best efforts to achieve the purpose of the invalid provision by a new legally valid stipulation.
13. GENERAL: Decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects in all matters relating to the Contest and the awarding of the Prize Package and are not subject to appeal.
14. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Prize Winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: BBTV’s “#WhatIWishIKnew” Contest, c/o BroadbandTV Corp., 1205 Melville Street, Vancouver, BC Canada V6E 0A6 requesting the name of the Prize Winner, posted no later than October 31, 2016.
15. OFFICIAL RULES: A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: BBTV’s “#WhatIWishIKnew” Contest, c/o BroadbandTV Corp., 1205 Melville Street, Vancouver, BC Canada V6E 0A6 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a copy of the Official Rules no later than September 24, 2016, or by visiting http://bbtv.com/vidcon-contest-rules/ for an electronic copy.
These Official Rules are effective as of September 19, 2016.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 BroadbandTV Corp.